Our OBC Children’s Ministries are part of the fastest growing segment of our church. In recent years, we have seen tremendous growth, first numerically but more important spiritually, through our ministry to children. Our desire is to guide children to learn, believe, accept and share God’s Word. We want to equip kids to know, grow, and show God’s love. The children’s ministry at Oxford Baptist exists to help those in our care know God and grow to become like His Son, Jesus Christ.
Our approach to ministering to children involves three distinct, yet connected, areas of ministry: AWANA, Team Kidz, and Vacation Bible School. Visit the pages for these ministries for more information on how you can have an impact, or how you can get your children involved. Feel free to contact our Children’s Pastor, Mike Mckinney for more information.
To accomplish our purpose we seek…
1. To fill children’s minds with the Word of God so they will grow to think the way God thinks and live the way God has commanded.
2. To establish in children habits of godly living and a daily lifestyle.
3. To create a Christian Community of children and adults who enjoy life together as a family and who are committed to Jesus Christ and to each other.
4. To help children build proper relationships to the authorities in their lives.
5. To help children trust Christ as Savior, to submit to Him and to live as Christian’s at home, at school, at play or wherever they are.
6. To build Christian homes by encouraging families and training them in their tasks.
7. To make each child’s experience at church safe, fun and profitable in the process of growing to become everything God has planned.
Our Goal at Oxford Baptist is…
1. To help equip the children with the knowledge and tools to stand firm in a dying world.
Hebrews 13:21, 2 Peter 3:18
2. To instruct, encourage and help guide them into freely worshiping and praising our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Chronicles 16:9
3. To help teach the children how to apply the Word to their daily lives. Proverbs 2:1-5
4. To teach that prayer and communion with the Father is the first thing to turn to in all situations. Matthew 6:33
5. To help turn their hearts toward the ONLY person that can supply all their needs. Philippians 4:19